Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Starting a large project

A few weeks ago I was commissioned to do an 8x8 hooked rug. The request was to have flowers all over the area and she wanted "Padula Flowers". That wouldn't be a problem, since all of my design are "Padulas", regardless of the subject I'm drawing. LOL
Yesterday I finished transferring the design onto the linen. Started picking the wool colors this morning and was happy to be able to use quite a bit of over dyed wool from my inventory. Tomorrow the dye pots will be steaming. I haven't calculated the amount of wool for the background yet, but I know it's more then a couple of yards. LOL
The plan is to hook the rug with # 8.5 and # 9 strips of wool. Here and there smaller cuts when needed. The motifs are designed for larger cuts.
After I load the pictures here and post the blog I'm starting to hook. 




6 comments:

Sharon said...

So excited to watch this process! Please keep posting. I'm working on a 24 x 36 and it feels huge to me.

I couldn't help but notice that wine bottles are holding the pattern down. Is that called "foreshadowing"?

Blaine said...

Can’t wait to watch the progress of this big Rug.

Rugs and Pugs said...

I can't even imagine hooking a rug that large. I look forward to watching your progress!

Cindy Lott said...

I just adore you. I can't wait to see your progress. I know it will be amazing. Hugs.

Najaf Rugs & Textile said...

Handmade Rugs Melbourne

I am very glad to see your blog so nice.Its very interesting information

Jos Buttler said...

I am very enjoyed for this blog. Its an informative topic. It help me very much to solve some problems. Its opportunity are so fantastic and working style so speedy. I think it may be help all of you. Thanks.
wool rugs