The little rug "Fraktur 2015" is hooked.
Since then I had an order for chair pads in the Fraktur style, so I redesigned the pattern to fit chair seats. The other chair pad has a rooster as the main attraction.
Patterns are available.
Talking about chair pads. Here is one I designed for La Rae Schneider to match her chair. She started working on it during the 3 day Wine Country Rug Hookers workshop, Spring 2015.
Great job La Rae.
Finally getting around to post new pictures of my progress. The BIG rug is hooked, but I'm waiting for cooler and less smokey weather to lay it out on the garage floor to steam. The wool for binding is overdyed and ready to go. I'm thankful we only have the bad air and not the actual fires in our neighborhood. We need rain to help putting out the forest fires, but that usually doesn't happen till October.
Right now I'm working on a couple of smaller rugs. I'm already thinking about another large design, but planning that will take a while.........
Padula Pomegranates is 24x48. After starting to hook by echoing around the motifs, I changed my mind and decided to hook the background in "non directional" loops. I still have some echo hooking left in spots, so you can see the difference.
The other small pattern is a replica of an antique rug. Simple Spirit is 18x30
Tomorrow is hooking at the Library. Mara Lou is starting "After the Flood" and requested blue wool for sky and water. These are samples out of the dye pots.
I had a few progress report requests. LOL. Coming along, but still a ways to go. I am starting to think about the finishing. I wonder how long that is going to take and how much more wool I need to over dye for that?
Finally made it to the Library to join my rug hooking friends. Between talking and looking at books this is 2 hours worth of hooking.
I'm still working on the 8x10 rug. It's progressing nicely. Finished hooking the center background and the outside is off to a good start. I over dyed more antique black wool for the background. Not sure this will be enough to finish. 9.5 cuts gobble up lots of wool.
We're having a heat wave in Southern Oregon. 103 yesterday and not much cooler today. I'm happy hooking with the air conditioning running.
Giving this blogging another try.
I've been working on the big rug ( 8x10 ) yes, that is feet, not inches. Finished 8 log cabins last week and now only background is left to hook. Lots of background......I don't mind hooking background. I find it relaxing, since I don't have to think of where to put what color. Planning on finishing it, so it can move to Arizona with me, this fall. I can't wait to see it on the new wood floor in the great room.
I did not keep track of how much wool I've used so far. I just over dyed another 2 yards of various colors to make more of the antique black background. I'll take another picture when I get that hooked in. The background is hooked in a 9.5 cut. The motifs in 8.5 and 9 cuts.
Today I dyed wool for my next project. I needed something portable to take to the Library where we hook every Tue morning. I'll take a picture of the new rug tomorrow evening.
OK, only 2 chicken are showing up here, but I am hooking on # 3. It's going a little slow right now, since I have company from Germany here and I just finished teaching a 3 day workshop. I can't wait to see it on my kitchen floor. It's 10 feet long.